|S.No.||Chapter / Topic||Marks|
|Unit-I||Plane Geometry||16 |
|1||Lines, angles and rectilnear figures|
|2||Circles and tangents|
|3||Special curves: ellipse, parabola, involute, cycloid. helix and sine-curve|
|Unit-II||Solid Geometry||27 |
|4||Orthographic-projections of points, lines laminae, (plane) and solids|
|5||Section of solid-figures|
|Unit-III||Machine Drawing||27 |
|6||Orthographic projections of simple machine-blocks|
|7||Isometric-projection of laminae (plane) figures|
|8||Development of surfaces|
|IV. ||Practical ||30 |
I. PLANE GEOMETRY
Printing English alphabets (capital and small) numerals in standard proportions.Unidirectional/aligned system of dimensioning as per SP: 46-2003 (Revised)Unit 1:
Construction of lines, angles and their divisions. Simple questions based on triangles, square, rhombus, trapeziums, regular polygons-pentagon, hexagon and octagon.Unit 2:
Construction of circles, external and internal tangents of circles, inscribing, circumscribing circles in equilateral triangle, square, rhombus, regular polygons-pentagon, hexagon and octagon.Unit 3:
Construction of Engineering curves:
- (a) Ellipses by concentric circles, intersecting arcs and intersecting lines.
- (b) Parabola by intersecting lines and intersecting arcs.
- (c) Involute of a circle, cycloid, helix and sine curve.
II. SOLID GEOMETRY Unit 4:
Methods of orthographic projections and dimensioning strictly as per SP: 46- 2003 revised conventions. Projection of points, lines, regular plane figure and right regular solids such as cubes, prisms and pyramids (square, triangular, pentagonal and hexagonal), cones, cylinders, spheres, hemi-spheres and frustum of pyramids and cone when they are kept with their axis (a) perpendicular, to HP/VP (b) parallel to one plane and inclined to the other (c) parallel to HP and VP both.Unit 5:
Section of solids under the same conditions mentioned above made by the horizontal, vertical and inclined planes, also showing true-shape of section.
III. MACHINE DRAWING Unit 6:
Orthographic projections of simple machine blocks.Unit 7:
Construction of isometric scale showing main divisions of 10 mm and smaller divisions of 1 mm each. Isometric projection (drawn to isometric scale) of figures such as triangles, squares, pentagons, hexagons, circles and semi-circles with their surface parallel to HP or VP and its one side or diagonal or diameter should be either parallel or perpendicular to HP/VP.Unit 8:
Development of the surfaces of following solids:
- 1. Cube, cuboid, prisms-triangular, square, pentagonal and hexagonal.
- 2. Pyramids (triangular, square, pentagonal and hexagonal).
- 3. Right circular cylinder and cone.
- Developing “Prisms” and “Pyramids” with the help of card board (thick paper).
- Developing different types of packing boxes (cartons).
- Making different types of graphic designs/murals for interior/exterior decorations in colour using the knowledge of geometrical figures with the use of any Computer Software such as Collab-CAD, CORAL DRAW, PHOTOSHOP, etc.
- Drawing ellipse by Trammel and Thread method on the ground / drawing sheet / plywood / cardboard, etc.
- Preparing top-view (plan) of a class room, Home: Drawing room / Bedroom / Study room / Kitchen, Engineering Graphics room drawing different objects therein.
- Drawing through activities: Involutes, cycloid, helix and sine curves listing their uses in daily life.
- Preparing the following sections of solids (prisms, pyramids, spheres, etc.) with clay, soap, thermocol, plasticine, wax or any other material easily and economically available. When the cutting plane is: parallel to the base, perpendicular to the base and inclined to the base. Also creating different objects with combination of above solids.